Sunday, April 3, 2011

#11 - City East


A group of us started out this walk by riding bikes in the parks. It was such a sunny day outside which made it so fun, and made it so that the City East walk soon became one of my favorite days out in London! After riding our bikes around the city, we walked around the Tower of London again, which was really fun to see. We walked by many old buildings and businesses. One of my favorites was seeing the Royal Exchange Buildings. I found it very interesting as we read while we walked that they Royal Exchange was found in 1570 and was used as a meeting place for merchants. I also enjoyed seeing Tower 42- which is the tallest building in central London. As I looked up, I was surprised that this was the tallest building here. Later, we walked by the Guildhall, which we found out was heavily repaired after the Blitz and the Great Fire. We also saw where the Great Fire started. This was fun to read about and learn more about, especially because had just heard so much in our lectures and firesides about the Blitz and the Great Fire. We learned a ton from this walk, and as always, I had a fun day with my friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is yet another example of how students are more creative than their teachers. Riding the bikes is a brilliant idea, especially in the sort of weather we've had lately.

    ReplyDelete