Sunday, April 3, 2011

#12 - Kew to Hammersmith



On Saturday afternoon, Kinsey, Ashley, and I finished up our last walk. We went on the Kew to Hammersmith walk, and even though it was a pretty day outside, it wasn't one of my favorites from the semester. We started out the walk by walking by the old church and by Kew Palace. One of my favorite parts was seeing the Strand-on-the-Green. I also liked reading about this and hearing that this is where Zoffany painted his Last Supper painting. Later, we walked past St. Nicholas's Tower and read about how many people were buried there. I enjoyed seeing the Thames, and learning that where we were was the halfway point of the Oxford and Cambridge boat race course. I wish that we could see the boat race, it would be really fun. The day out ended at Hammersmith Station (which is actually a really nice station & a big shopping place). It was a fun day with my friends, and even though it wasn't my favorite walk, we still enjoyed ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, congratulations on finishing the LAST walk! I'm glad you found a way to enjoy the time, even if the walk wasn't your favorite (so far, it's not been anyone's favorite). Nice work getting all these walks finished.

    ReplyDelete